Art Exploration - Virtual Seasonal Workshop Sessions - Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring - 6 Week Sessions - (EASTERN STANDARD TIME)
Art Exploration is great for children ages 6+ who are interested in exploring different art genres, drawing and painting, mixed media and sculpture. The session meets Mondays for 6-weeks, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM (EASTERN STANDARD TIME) devoting 2-sessions to each art form.
Drawing & Painting (2 sessions)
Working from still life, photographs, images from art history and/or independent themes and ideas, students will be introduced to specific drawing and painting fundamentals and techniques. These include line drawing, value, shape, pattern, texture, shading and highlighting.
Mixed Media (2 sessions)
Students will create different, unique and individualized art pieces through a variety of themes and subject matter. Learn many art techniques, while creating diverse and imaginative projects. Projects will include drawing, painting, collage, paper sculptures.
Sculpture (2 sessions)
Enjoy the highly tactile medium of clay! Students will learn some basic clay, pottery, and sculpture concepts using different tools and hand-building techniques: pinching, coiling, slab construction and modeling.
- Six (6) hours of live instructions (1 hour per session)
- PDF Presentation includes artists' bio (if applicable), images of artwork for discussion, materials list and written project instructions to use in conjunction with the live session
- A link to join the live video session (links are shared 24 hrs prior to each daily workshop)
- Sourcing links for all art materials required (or you may also opt to purchase separately Express Yourself Studios' Art Kit)
Summer - Session 1 - June 21, 2021 - July 26, 2021 - Closed
Fall - Session 2 - October 4, 2021 - November 8, 2021
Winter - Session 3 - January 3, 2022 - February 7, 2022
Spring - Session 4 - April 4, 2022 - May 9, 2022
* indicates a required field