Speckled Robin Eggs
5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in landscape position (horizontally) find the middle of the paper. Draw 3 egg shapes
- Draw many circles, using squiggly lines around your "eggs" until you begin to form what looks like straw, this step helps to create the nest around your eggs.
- Paint/color your eggs in shades of blue and green. Create the speckles by sponge painting brown on the eggs to give the appearance of speckles.
- The area directly around the eggs paint/color black or dark brown this creates depth in your nest.
- Paint the "straw" of the nest yellow, then blend in brown, rust. Use your black to trace your sketch lines in the nest
- Finish by using a white crayon or pastel to draw more squiggles around the nest and a few strokes in the eggs to give the impression of a shiny eggshell
Do you know why Robin eggs are blue?