5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in landscape position (horizontal). Use a top or plastic cup something to help you create a half circle in the lower left corner of your paper, now draw a second half circle slightly larger than the first.
- Draw small teardrop shapes between the first and second half circles. This is the center of your sunflower.
- To create the petals draw teardrop shapes that begin at the top middle edge of your last half circle. Draw a few more petals to go around the half circle.
- In the spaces between or just behind your petals draw second row of medium size petals.
- Time to paint/color. Select a color for your background we chose purple. Now paint the first row of petals a bright yellow, paint the second row of petals and the tiny teardrop shapes in the center of your sunflower orange
- Paint the space around the tiny teardrop shapes and the center of your circle brown,
- Continue to use the brown paint to create thin, wavy brush strokes that extend the length of your petals
- Use a white pastel crayon to create additional thin, wavy lines inside your petals
- Use black paint and a sponge to create texture inside the center of your flower, finish by using a yellow pastel crayon to create tiny, short lines inside the center of the your flower