5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in portrait position (vertical) find the middle of your paper and draw a small football shape, this is the center of your Gerber Daisy, now draw long teardrop shapes for petals
- Draw a stem and larger teardrop shapes for leaves
- Create a long narrow oval above your "Gerber Daisy" this will be the body of the butterfly, create wings, these look most like triangles. Now create the designs in the wings, similar to a Monarch butterfly, using ovals. The antennae and legs will come after we paint.
- Paint/color your background, we chose blue, but you can choose any color you like
- Now use yellow for the center of the flowers and the ovals in the butterfly's wings. Paint the middle of your petals orange, also use orange to create some small circles in the center of your flower and to paint the middle of each oval in your butterfly's wings
- Use red paint to fill in the remaining areas of your petals, it's ok to overlap on top of the orange. Paint your stem and leaves in shades of green, we used a dark and light green.
- Use a light brown for the butterfly's body and to sponge in the center of your flower for texture.
- Paint the bottom section of the wing a nice bright color we chose purple, use a complementary color marker to create small designs in this space, we chose a purple marker.
- Use a black marker to trace all over the area around the butterfly's wings and to create antennae and legs.
- Make any creativeadditions that you would like, we used a pink pastel crayon in the center of our petals and a yellow one to create small designs in the center of our flower