Earth Day - Planet Earth
5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in portrait position (vertical) find the middle of your paper use a paper plate or some other circle former to create a circle, this is earth.
- Draw areas to represent land, sea, sky and clouds
- Use a white pastel crayon to fill in the clouds inside the circle/"earth"
- Use shades of blue watercolor paint to fill in the the sea and the sky, It's ok to paint over the pastel "cloud" spaces too
- Now use shades of green watercolor paint to fill in the land spaces.
- Use a white crayon (a regular crayon) to make designs, curvy, squiggly lines in the background, this is your atmosphere; then use a sponge brush with black watercolor paint to fill in the background completely (the crayons create a resist)