5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- Colored Pencils
- With your paper in landscape position (horizontal) draw a large oval, this is the bee's body. Make small curved lines to create five segments of the bee's body (black, yellow, black, yellow, white)
- Draw 3 lines to represent the legs of the bee that we do see, now create teardrop shapes, 3 on each side that represent the bee's wings.
- Draw 2 small lines that extend from the bee's head for antennae
- Starting from the lower right corner of your paper draw 3 medium size stems with small flower buds extending from them, create other smaller stems in between the 3 that you've drawn
- Let's paint! Start with the background we chose blue, now paint the stems of the flowers shades of green and the buds an nice bright color, we chose purple. Using another bright color paint additional petals on the smaller stems, we chose dark purple
- Time to start on the bee! Use a white crayon and color a small area inside each segment of the bee's body and wings
- Use yellow paint to fill in two areas of the bees body, try using a dabbing motion to create texture. Using this same dabbing technique fill in the black and white sections.
- Paint the wings white or a light gray. Use black paint to trace the lines of the legs and antennae
- To finish use a black colored pencil to create the veins in the wings