5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- With your paper in portrait position (vertical) find the middle of the paper and draw a large "U" shape. This is the beginning of your umbrella.
- Make 4 smaller "U" shapes to create the rib of the umbrella, connecting each.
- Draw, the shaft and handle of the umbrella, (hint: it looks like a candy cane). Create shaded areas on the outside and inside rib of the umbrella.
- Draw a line on the left and right of the umbrella to the edge of the paper. This seperates your sky space from the ground area.
- Use a white crayon to create lines in the upper background or sky to represent falling rain, in the lower background, the ground area make spiral shapes to represent puddles, you will not be able to see these markings now. However, when we use the watercolor paint they will become visible.
- Paint the upper background shades of gray and purple. Paint the lower bottom area, dark blue. Do you see your rain drops and puddles now?
- Now paint the umbrella any bright color, we chose red. Paint the shaded areas a dark color we chose purple, blue will work well too. Paint the shaft brown and outline in black and the handle red outline in black
- Whatever color you chose for the umbrella paint a few horizontal brush strokes with that color in the blue puddle are to represent the umbrella's reflection