5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheet of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Place your paper in portrait position (vertically). From the top of the paper find the middle and move down approximately 3 inches draw an oval for the bird's head, now draw a larger oval that overlaps the first for the body.
- Create the beak by drawing a small narrow triangle, sketch the eyes, a small oval. Draw a narrow teardrop shape on the left side of the body for a wing. Sketch a rectangle shape for the tail extending from the bottom of the body.
- Draw the legs, similar to tiny twigs. Now draw the branch from which the bird is perched
- Time to paint! Use a light and dark brown for the belly of the bird and the end of the tail, use shades of blue, layered for the body, work from light to dark, using very wispy brush strokes to give the appearance of feathers
- Use dark brown and a little black for the legs, also use black for the beak, eye and to add a bit of shadow on the wings and tail of the bird
- Paint the tree branch light brown, then outline a bit with dark brown
Learn a few Eastern Bluebird facts!