Mums for Mom
5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in portrait position (vertical) find the top center of you paper, move down about 4 inches to the middle draw three, small, evenly spaced curved lines, use these curved lines to create stems.
- Now draw an oval around the stems and a second larger oval to represent the rim of the plant pot. Additionally, draw a line approximately 3 inches on the left and right sides of the pot rim moving towards the bottom of your paper. Draw a curved line at the bottom to connect the left and right sides. This completes the formation of your clay plant pot
- To give the impression that your pot is on a table draw angled lines on the left and right sides of the clay pot. To give the impression of walls in the background, sketch a line from the top rim of the pot to the top of your paper on the right side
- Time to paint! Paint your soil (smaller oval around stems) dark brown, paint the clay pot a light brown, then paint the right side of the pot moving toward the center orange and use brown as shading just under the bottom rim of the pot
- Paint the upper left background area light green, then the upper right side light gray. Use a blue and gray crayon to create shadows on the "table" and finish with purple watercolor (always feel free to use colors of your choice)
- Paint the stems dark green and use black for shadow in the "soil"
- Select 3 colors for you Mum, we chose purple, magenta and indigo. Use a sponge to sponge in the paint colors, this helps to create texture
HOW TO GROW CHRYSANTHEMUMS IN YOUR GARDEN