Mother's Day Bouquet
5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheets of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush 1" Foam Brush, art sponge (Or cut a clean household sponge in quarters)
- With your paper in portrait position (vertical) find the top center of you paper, move down about 3 inches to the middle draw circles of various sizes to represent flowers, then draw a smaller circle in the middle for the center of the flower
- Sketch a vase, it can be any shape that you would like we chose a rectangular vase. Create the table by drawing a line to the left and right of the vase. Shade in a shadow area just under the vase that extends to the left and right a bit
- Add leaves (teardrop shapes) between your flowers, draw a few with stems that have smaller leaf shapes
- Create a slight separation of your upper background area by drawing a line in the middle from one of your top flowers
- Let's paint, select a bright color to paint the left and right sides of your upper background. We chose yellow and orange. Now paint your table, we chose blue and used a darker shade of blue for the shadow area. You should add these same colors inside your vase to represent the reflection of the wall and table in your "glass vase"
- Choose 3 colors for your flowers, we chose pink, magenta and purple. Work from light to dark as you paint the flowers. Paint the center of the flowers black
- Now paint your leaves and stem a light and dark green, don't forget the stems visible inside the vase
- Use a gray color to trace the outline of your vase and the table line. Use a blue color to create a waterline within your vase
- Finish by using a white pastel crayon to trace around your flowers and to lightly color the inside of your vase to give the impression of it being glass
Here's some ways to honor Mom on Mother's Day...Happy Mother's Day!