5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheet of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Protractor or something to create a circle with (cup, tape roll etc.)
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Place you paper in portrait position (vertically) from the top, find the middle, come down approximately 2 " draw a medium sized circle, you can free-hand it or use something to trace a circle with
- Within the circle create a rectangle, above the circle create a half circle, the width of the rectangle (you've now created the parrot's head
- Below the circle draw a shape a narrow oval that extends towards the bottom approximately 3 " in length (this is the parrot's tail)
- On the bottom left and right sides of the circle create a curved line that connects the circle to the oval (these are the parrot's wings)
- Draw other details within the "wings" and the talons (claws)
- Draw details within the head of the parrot eyes, beak, feathers
- Perch your parrot on a branch, draw a narrow rectangle that from the left of your paper that extends to the right and one slightly below on an angle (erase and areas that intersect the parrots tail)
- Time to paint or color! We chose to use markers. Be colorful, your parrot is a tropical bird!
Parrots Are a Lot More Than a Pretty Bird!