5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- 1 sheet of 8 ½ ” x 11” White Paper or Larger
- Paint (Watercolor, Acrylics), Crayons or Pastels
- Paint Brush
- Place your paper in portrait position (vertically). Sketch a half circle.
- Sketch a line at the bottom of the half circle to connect the left and right sides (what you've sketched should look like a crescent moon)
- Below this crescent moon shape draw another half circle to create the bottom of the jellyfish where the tentacles will emerge
- Draw several vertical lines within this area and extend a few towards the bottom of your paper to create tentacles, make a few tentacles of varying sizes i.e. short, small, wide and long
- Time to paint. We chose to use watercolor paint and a wet to wet method to create a very fluid watery look
- Select the colors that you would like to use, we chose blue, purple and pink for the jellyfish
- Wet the area that you would like to paint with water first, then dab the brush into the paint to add color in the wet spaces on your paper.
- Use this painting technique throughout the entire painting process including the background which we chose to use greens and blues
- Remember to rinse your brush in between colors