5 8 $5.00 - $8.00
- Acrylic Paints and Paint Brushes
- Watercolor Palette
- Watercolor Paper (8.5 x 11 or larger)
- Palette (A paper plate will do)
- Water Container (Something to rinse your brushes in)
- Paper Towels
- Put your paper in landscape position (horizontally). Using a ruler create an obtuse triangle. Draw 3 circles at the long end of the triangle to create "roses"
- From both the left and right sides of the triangle using your ruler draw a line that extends approximately 4" towards the bottom of your paper
- Using your ruler again draw a line at the bottom that connects these two lines to complete the slice of cake
- Soften your sharp edges by tracing each line with a loser my flowing line.
- Create the individual layers within the slice of cake
- We will use both acrylic and watercolor paints. Select from the acrylic paints a color to use for the "icing" we chose to mix lavender with a little white. For the layers of the cake we chose red, yellow, lime green and turquoise and pink watercolor paint colors. For the background we decided to stick with watercolors and selected a bright orange
- Paint the "icing" and cake filling first with the acrylic paint using a very heavy application to resemble cake frosting
- Use your watercolor paints to give color to the layers of the cake. We chose to dab in the paint colors to create texture
- Now paint your background. We continued to dab in method to give texture to the background too